Although the traditional network topology is changing, the perimeter network edge is still considered particularly vulnerable to intrusions and attacks. Because the Internet is a publicly accessible network and falls under the management of multiple network operators, it is more important than ever to consider it an un-trusted network and build a layered defense structure between it and your network in order to protect your most valuable assets (data).
Protection comes in a number of forms and will depend on the access methods and structure of your business services. The layered defense components available from Accumuli to address the threats are:
- DDoS Gateway – Protecting against volumetric and low level targeted assaults through the use of “Distributed Denial of Service” attacks
- Next Generation Firewalls – Blocking forced entry through policy enforcement and application identification
- Intrusion Detection & Protection Platforms – Identifying and blocking vulnerabilities in platforms and applications
- Malware Gateway – Detecting Advanced Persistent Threats and Zero Day Attacks that may already be present within your network
- Web Application Gateway – In order to control access to web traffic it is necessary to implement policy control and inspection of web traffic
- Email Gateway – Scanning email for malicious content and targeted attacks as well as blocking unwanted spam and infected files